Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Family's favorite cookies.....


A friend of mine on another blog (Tammy's Times) has asked for our favorite cookie recipes. I am adding mine here. If anyone else is interested just check out Tammy's blog - on my side bar - and join in the fun!!

SEVEN LAYER BARS

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
- 1 white, yellow, or chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips, more if desired
- 1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashews, walnuts, or almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Melt butter or margarine in bottom of 9 x 13" baking pan, tilting pan slightly to coat all sides. Mix cake mix and melted butter, pat mixture lightly to make a crust.
  • Combine remaining ingredients (except condensed milk) in large bowl, then spread on top of crust
  • Pour can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over top and bake 25-30 minutes.
  • Remove from oven. Allow bars to cool slightly; cut while still war
I have used this recipe as one of the first desserts I teach my kids to bake. It is so simple - no measuring required - and flexible. They love mixing all the things together and pouring them onto the crust. And to top it all off ~~ they make your house smell wonderful!!!

5 comments:

Annecourager said...

Hello, Tami,
I followed you over here from Tammy's blog because I saw you're in Bismarck and you're a PW! We have friends who moved to Steele several years back. I wonder if they've visited your church? (ND not being overloaded with fundamental churches, you have to drive a bit to find one!)

Tammy said...

Mmm those look good, and easy too!

Nikki said...

Those look WONDERFUL!!!!!

Michelle said...

Yum..Those look really good...

abrightnewdawn said...

Ohhh goody!! I have ALWAYS wondered what those bars were!!! Can't wait to make them!! Thanks!