Sunday, July 02, 2006

Never too old to need their mom....


The last week has been a busy one, with Jeffrey ~ my 20 year old ~ having been sick since last Sunday and ending up in the hospital since Wednesday. Praise the Lord...he is home now and doing better. He even made it to church this morning!!! AMEN!!!!

One thing I have learned from this is that even though he is 20 ~ and an adult in the eyes of the world ~ there are times when a young man (who is not married) still needs his mom. This was one of those times. Even when he was in the hospital, being very well cared for, I know it made him feel better when I was there to help with things.

I know one day God will provide a wife for him and I do look forward to that day. I look forward to seeing him start a family of his own and watching them serve the Lord together. Until then I am thankful for each thing I am able to do for ~ and with ~ my children. I am truly blessed!!!

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Oh I'm glad your son is on the mend. My son is only going to be 14 but already he seems to be growing into a man. I don't look forward to that time, as he'll be leaving us here on the missionfield to head for the states. I wont be able to be there for him when he's sick or scared. :o(
It's a wonderful thing to be Mom, isn't it???

Bernice said...

Im so glad to hear that he is doing better & home! I know I have a 20yr old son as well...he is home for the summer from college & I keep looking in his face trying to capture the image for the future....GOSH it is sooooo very hard to believe that he will be a husband/father one day! He does have a steady girl right now...she is in TN her family moved...but I do believe this is the "one" but, don't mention that to him LOL.....

I can relate TOTALLY to what you have been through this week!