Thursday, June 22, 2006

Trying to keep smiling........

I am discovering I don't care for baseball very much. Now, don't get upset with me....I know it is supposed to be the American past time, but I think I'm suffering from "burn out!!"

Nick has double headers every night (except last night because we had church) this week. They start at 5:30pm and we are fortunate if we get home before 10pm. That is just a little too much baseball for me!!!

Jeff and I have always made it a point to support our kids when they are in activities - band, choir, sports, etc. We make sure we are there in the crowd cheering them on whenever possible. But ~~ this is a bit much. For some reason they have 2 weeks of almost constant double headers and then things calm down a bit. I don't know how those boys do it - I'm exhausted just GOING to all these games!!!

I have to admit (whispering this very quietly) I am really glad that Friday and Saturday's games are AWAY and I get to stay home!! The team will be traveling to Valley City for a tournament and Nick will be staying with the pastor's family there in town and they will go to the games and cheer him on!!! I am SSSOOOOOOO thankful for good friends!!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, Tami! You are a MUCH more supportive Mom than I would be. I think I might go to the first game and then excuse myself, but I'd go crazy spending 4 or 5 hours a night sitting in bleachers!

You go, girl!

Nikki said...

What a wonderful Mom you are! I don't know if I could do that. If it was basketball then I'm SOOO there!!!!