Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crock Pot Cooking

Sandra, from Diary of a SAHM, have a post running for Slow Cooking Thursday.

I love cooking meals in my crock pot and over the years I have learned to cook everything from soups and stews, to desserts, breads, and meatloaf (a family favorite around my house.)

Cooking in the crock pot works so well for me because I have more time to begin meals in the morning than I do in the evening many nights. I also love smelling dinner cooking throughout the day!!

This meatloaf is a breeze to make, holds together and slices nicely- a problem I have had with meatloaves in the past. Experiment with other ingredients or our own family meatloaf recipe – I promise…..meatloaf in the crock pot is DELICIOUS!!!


2 eggs, beaten

¾ cup milk

1 cup bread crumbs (I prefer Italian)

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

2 lbs. Lean ground beef

In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and soup mix. Mix well, then add meat.
Mix thoroughly, then shape into a rectangle or oval.

To remove loaf when done, line crock with wide strip of aluminum foil, coming up sides of crock.

Place in crock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're playing along :)

See I try to avoid making meatloaf because it never seems to come out the way I want it, and it crumbles when I try to slice it LOL

This is just perfect, I LOVE my crockpot and now I know I can make meatloaf in it...just wonderful :)

Hope you continue to play :)
I'm adding you to my blogroll too and will come back and visit :)

Anonymous said...

I played on Thursday but missed your recipe! It looks good and I want to try it sometime....do you think the recipe can be halved for smaller family? Have you tried those crockpot liners with this?

Tami said...

Gail ~ the recipe can easily be halved for smaller families. My mom lives by herself and she does it all the time.

I'll have to try those crock pot liners. I've never seen them before, but then again I hadn't heard of them. I'm all for quick, easy clean up though!!!

Tami