Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Thoughts for the Day

I have a lot of random thoughts running through my head this morning....

1. As my trip to India gets closer I am starting to make a list of what to put in my carry-on bag and what to pack. As suggestions?????


2. Thanks to Terri and Gerda ~ now I can start getting some music put on my IPOD!!!!

3. Jeff was preaching the other day and he used this verse:

Luke 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.


I have been thinking about it ever since. “Occupy till I come.” Occupy means:
1. To take possession.
2. To keep in possession; to possess; to hold or keep for use.
3. To take up; to possess; to cover or fill.
4. To employ; to use.
5. To employ; to busy one's self.
6. To follow, as business.
7. To use; to expend.

God wants us to occupy till He comes. He wants us to take possession of what He offers us and to busy ourselves with it. He doesn’t want us to just sit there and do nothing. In other words, he doesn’t want us to be idle.

If you have the time, look up what the Bible says about being idle....not a good thing.



1 comment:

Terri said...

No cats in the carry on.