Saturday, August 23, 2008

How Time Flies


Today is the first Saturday since the middle of May that I have not had either company here, school work that was due, or just plain wasn’t home. It is wonderful to just stay home with my kids and not worry about who was coming over or what had to get done.

I am amazed at how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesterday I was a child, now I have children that have children!! I have sisters and brothers that are all grown up and have children of their own.

Last night Braden got to spend the evening with Jeff and I. As he fell asleep in my lap I sat there marveling at the whole event. It didn’t seem like it was that long ago that I was doing the same thing with Braden’s daddy.

Some many things have changed over all those years, but the important things never have – the love God have for me, the love I have for my family, and the love they have for me are things that are constants in my life. Who could ask for more?

Don’t Blink – By Kenny Chesney

I turned on the evening news
Saw a old man being interviewed
Turning a hundred and two today
Asked him what's the secret to life
He looked up from his old pipe
Laughed and said "All I can say is."


Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink


Nick before he graduated

Nick - 18 and growing up fast


Dec. 5, 2008 - Nick has a son
Braden Lee

Braden is 3 months old - and a truly happy baby


My baby holding his baby (and his cousin Tristan)


Braden at 7 months - he's growing too fast!!

No comments: