Friday, January 25, 2008

What are you afraid of????

I belong to a very special board called "Women at the Well." These ladies mean the world to me - we aren't just friends, we are family. Last night one of the Ladies (she happens to be one of my dearest friends in the world, by the way) asked a question ~ and I am going ask the same one. Here is what she asked:

"Is there just something you cannot do? I mean at threat of death, you'd just have to die cause you CANNOT do it? "

People who know me personally are going to bust up laughing when they read my response......and they will all admit that I'm telling the truth!!

The one thing I cannot do, even at the threat of death, is use a "Spiffy Biff." You know what I'm talking about, right....port-a-potties, outhouses, etc. I physically CAN NOT use them. I've tried ~ but no way, no how, will it ever work. I am sure my bladder would literally explode before I could ever use one. Sounds dumb doesn't it?!?!?!?

My husband used to tease me, but now after over 20 years of marriage, he has excepted my bathroom using ways and he very graciously accommodates me.

It's not just Spiffy Biffs either - I have a whole list of personal "bathroom rules" that I follow:

1. No rest stop bathrooms
2. No gas station bathrooms
3. No bathrooms with too many stalls in them
4. I never use the first stall.
5. I won't go into a stall if there is someone in the stall next to me (I need the stalls next to me to be empty)
6. And above all......if at all possible.....hold it until I can get home and use my own potty!!!!!

I know my family and friends are cracking up right now, because they have all been out with me and know how I am.

But even with the threat of death I CAN NOT use those Spiffy Biffs!!!!

No comments: