Monday, January 07, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Yes - I grew up in the 80's ~~~ if you didn't today's title probably won't mean a thing to you, but if you did that song will probably be stuck in your head the rest of the day!!!

Well, I thought I had one more week of a normal paced life, but I was wrong. My next set of college classes start today (not the 14th, like I originally thought.) That's okay. I'll just jump in with both feet and start the countdown to my next break....16 weeks from now.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Have you ever loved someone so much it hurts? I'm sure most of us have. Love is an amazing feeling. When I had my first child (Jeffrey) I didn't think I could ever give another child that much love. I felt like he had 100% of my heart. But then came Steven ~ and I discovered that I loved him with the same depth and desire that I loved Jeffrey. It amazed me how with each child I had so much love to give, without ever taking away from the love for my other children.

No one knows what it's like to be the object of 100 percent of another persons love. In the first place, everyones human imperfections prevent them from loving perfectly and completely. Secondly, everyone spreads their love around—to a spouse, a child, a relative, and a friend. No one gets all of another person's love.

But what if you could? What would it feel like to be that loved? Again, our humanness would probably keep us from experiencing perfect love in all its perfection. But there is one practical example to meditate on that comes as close as we'll ever get in this life: when God so loved you that He sent His Son into the world to die in your place.

We've heard "For God so loved . . ." so many times that we've perhaps stopped listening. Today, listen to it again...and really think about how much love that must be.

Because God's love is infinite (knows no bounds), the amount directed toward you is boundless. It's as if earth had a population of "1" and you are it! God poured out all His love upon you when He sent Jesus.

If you ever have times when you wonder who loves you and how much, remember the answer you're reading here: God loves you as if you were His one and only love.

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us to love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Monday post! Come by and check out my revamped, made over blog, and take a peak at my Manic Monday blog!

Deb

http://palofmine.wordpress.com