Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Such A Morning Person

Any of you who really know me, know that I am 100% a morning person! I woke up about 4:45 this morning and have already enjoyed 2 hours of peace and quiet today ~~ and will enjoy at least 2 hours more, since no one in my house tends to rise until about 9a.m. (Well, Jeff will leave for work in just a few minutes, but aside from waking him up there has been no other movement in my home.)

I don't know what it is about mornings, but I just love this time. My mind is alert, but not racing with 100 things to do, and I am always wide awake. Now ~ just the opposite can be said for me about evenings. Don't ask me anything that requires deep thought after about 9p.m. My brain has shut down by then!

Today as I was reading my Bible I searched God's Word to see what it has to say about early morning. It was interesting to see that 42 times that phrase is used throughout the Bible. God told many people to "rise up early" and go do something. That's usually when I hear God speak to me so clearly.....when I rise up early and have time alone just with Him. I cherish this time each day.

Do you have a time that it is just you and the Lord each day? Maybe you're not a morning person, like I am, but you still need to have that time when it is just you and God - no distractions from the world around you. A time when God can speak to you in a still, small voice and you are still enough to hear it.

1 Kings 19:11-12 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

No comments: