Monday, January 21, 2008

Time for a Check Up

I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.Psalm 139:23-24

I don’t know about you ~ but I never look forward to my annual checkups. I put them off as long as possible, but I know they are necessary for my physical health. I’m just thankful they are only once a year.

But as a Christian we need to have a spiritual check-up on a much more frequent basis. Here it is more than halfway through January 2008 ~ have you had a spiritual checkup this month??

With our spiritual checkup, we need the Divine Physician to check our heart to see how it is operating. If we have "not the love of the brethren," we have a heart problem that needs to be corrects. If we have hatred, bitterness, and strife we may actually need open-heart surgery. Remember ~~ if we are open to the love of God, we can even love the unlovable.

If you are suffering from the cancer of bitterness, guilt, loneliness, or discouragement and it is eating away your joy and strength in the Lord, you need to cut out all the abnormal growth that is destroying your victory.
If our ears have become so hard-of-hearing that we can no longer hear the cries for help from others, we need the aid of the Holy Spirit to help us detect those sounds.

If we can no longer see the need for souls to be saved, we have become spiritually blind and need our vision adjusted to see the zeal of winning others to Christ.

If the problem lies in a weakened spine, daily exercises of prayer will strengthen us. As we grow stronger we will develop a stronger determination to live and do as God wants us to, no matter how heavy the load we must carry at times.

Good spiritual health is necessary in developing a strong, healthy growth in the Lord. Continued neglect only leads to the deterioration. In regards to Heaven...our spiritual health is more important than our physical health. Schedule a checkup today!!

No comments: