Thursday, January 10, 2008

16 weeks and counting

16 Weeks....that's how long this next term of classes will be. 16 weeks of living with my nose stuck in textbooks, studying, doing assignments and reminding myself ~~~ YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!!!! I can now say I have less than a year to go!!! 11 months and 5 days to be exactly (not that I'm counting or anything.)

Now...on to the next thing going though my brain lately. I just don't understand how people can purposely hurt other people. I'm not talking about serial killers, rapists, etc. I'm talking about ordinary people. People who say the love someone, yet turn around and PURPOSELY do things to hurt that person. It truly breaks my heart.
Being married to a preacher and spending almost all of my adult life serving the Lord I have helped a lot of people through things just like I explained - and you know what, I never get used to it. I still just don't get how one person can do that to other.
Look at what the Bible says:
Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
So many people think of love as a mood, a feeling, a sentiment, an attitude, or a passion. But those things aren't love ~ love may contain some or all of those emotions but there is more to it than those emotions.
Love is the selfless commitment of putting the needs of others before one's own wishes or welfare. It's a choice we make and a command we should obey.
It's the opposite of offended pride, bitterness, selfishness, rudeness, and egocentricity.
One of the greatest ways to measure love is through kindness. This is why we should always be asking ourselves, "What have I done for someone else today?" "What have I Done for those I love today?"
1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Spiritual and emotional maturity comes as we realize that love is a command that results in a never-ceasing stream of kindness toward others. As someone once said, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Love is the giving of oneself to another.
Show those you love today just how much you love...remember, we aren't promised a tomorrow.

No comments: