Saturday, August 05, 2006

I forgot.......

Every Tuesday I write a short devotional thought for a wonderful group of ladies I am a part of ~~~ The Women At The Well. I then post the same thing on my blog, but this Tuesday I got caught up in things going on at home and forgot - so I am doing it now. Just a way to muse on the things of God throughout the day!!

"Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked." Psalm 97:10

Do you love the Lord?

I don’t know how many times I have heard a person say, “Oh, I love the Lord!" But their life is full of habitual sin. Being a pastor's wife I have people tell me all kinds of things. I have even had people say they just aren't ready to give up a certain sin in their life. That tells me they love that sin more than they love the Lord.

I know none of us will ever reach a point of sinless perfection, but none of us should have a “pet” sin in our lives that we aren’t willing to let go of either!! We need to regularly examine our hearts and make sure we aren’t letting sin creep in and take up residence. I pray that each of us truly loves the Lord and HATES EVIL.

No comments: