Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Are You Ready????


Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Have you ever had company coming that has you so excited you couldn’t get ready soon enough? I remember when my grandparents were coming to visit us ~ I would have the house ready 2 days before they were due to arrive. The day they were supposed to arrive I was up early making sure everything was just right, getting the kids ready, and preparing a nice meal for them before hey arrived. I was READY and I was EXCITED.

Yet there have been other times when people were coming that I wasn’t all that excited. I usually ended up putting off getting everything ready until the last minute and didn’t really go the extra mile, so to speak. Sure, I was somewhat ready, but I wasn’t very excited about it.

Well, ladies, we don’t know when Jesus will be arriving. We are told to watch ~ why are we watching?? Because He is coming!!!!! So many times I see people going through the motions. Yes, they go to church, they even keep their Bible handy (that way they LOOK like they’re studying it.) But putting up a front of being ready and truly being ready are two different things!
Ladies, God sees our hearts. He knows if we are taking time to get ourselves ready (every day.) I don’t know about you, but I am excited at the thought of getting to see my Saviour – that excitement makes me want to be ready at all times. How about you?

No comments: