Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Don't Worry!!!!!


"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

Last night I was sitting up late talking with my son, Jeffrey. During our conversation he asked me, “Are you worried?” It was such a blessing to be able to say, “No.”

After that, him and I talked about ‘worry.’ We talked about how worrying can’t change anything except our own hearts. It causes us undue stress and takes our focus off of the Lord. It was a great time spent talking together.

You see, I used to be a big worry-wart! Fear and worry would overtake my thoughts. But the more I read my Bible and studied it; I have learned that I shouldn't worry about things because God is in control of each and every situation in my life.

Look at what Isaiah 41:13 tells us…God is holding our right hand!!! He is right there walking with me, leading me when I am hesitant, and comforting me when things are tough. He is telling me that I don't need to constantly battle my fears or worries because that is all they are ~~ they are fears, NOT truths. Fear is the expectation of something bad that I THINK MIGHT happen. Fear is worry about something that hasn't happened and with God on my side there is NOTHING He won’t help me get through.

People live in fear and worry so often that they don't really get a chance to live. Take the Lord's hand and let Him guide you and protect you. Then you can sing the song…..DON’T WORRY!!! BE HAPPY!!!!

No comments: