Monday, January 26, 2009

Short Church Update

I haven’t been over to our church in a week or so, but Jeff has taken some new pictures. I will get those posted as soon as he sends them to me. I know they have gotten most (if not all) of the demolition done now and have sealed everything that was damaged by the fire.....so hopefully it doesn’t STINK in there any more.

We have run into some issues in working with the city, though. I guess there is a bunch of official mumbo jumbo that they want before they will issue a building permit. So, until that is issued the work is at a stand still.

Please pray for Jeff during this time. I know it is very difficult for him to go over there and see nothing being done. He had to announce last night that, at this time it doesn’t look like we will be doing anything special for Easter this year because our temporary location just won’t allow us to do that. It is too small and there is no way to have a fellowship there. I know that was hard for him in more ways than one.

Easter is a special service in and of itself, but it is even more special for us – Jeff preached his first service as Pastor on Easter Sunday. This year is the actual date, too, April 12th. It will be 11 years. So, if you think about it, just keep us in your prayers.

No comments: