Saturday, January 03, 2009

2007 in Review

Can you believe that 2008 is gone? It seems to have just flown by. Here are some of the highlights of my year:

1. I know he was born at the END of 2007, but it has been such a thrill to watch my grandson ~ BRADEN ~ this year. He fills my heart my a joy I can’t even explain.









2. I continued my Master’s classes through the Spring, Summer, and Fall terms...finally graduating on December 10th!! I must say I am very proud of myself for reaching this accomplishment.

3. In August I lost a very special person. My father passed away. I could write so much about this, but since I’m just highlighting my year I will just say that through the loss of my dad I have drawn very close to the brothers and sister that before then I barely knew.

4. August was also a time of joy. It was then that I found out I was going to be a Grandma again! Nick and Aundrea got a clean bill of health after her chemo was finished and as an added bonus found out they were pregnant. MADISON CHRISTINE is due in March.

5. September was a month of adventure for me. On the 7th I flew from Bismarck to London, spending 2 ½ days there before heading to Bangalore, India for 5 weeks. It was a remarkable trip. One that taught me a lot about myself and showed me the world from a completely different perspective.

6. The holidays were a busy time, as is normal for most people. I finished my degree during that time and then spent a lot of time with friends and family.

7. The last memorable event of 2007 occurred the day after Christmas. That was the day our church building was nearly completely destroyed by fire. So many people are amazed that this has not been a discouragement to us, but we refuse to let the devil think he got a victory ~ instead we look at this as a very positive thing...no one was hurt, no one lost their home, and the church is getting a wonderful overhaul!!
I'll show more pictures of the church in a separate blog posting.

No comments: