Monday, December 15, 2008

Now that school is over ~ and we have dug out from the blizzard ~ it is time for me to develop a regular routine that does not include 4-6 hours a day with my nose stuck in a textbook.

The weekend was great. It was a time to get caught up on things that had been sadly neglected over the last few months. It was also a time to break out my cross-stitching. Of course, Jeff laughed because I’m still working on a blanket that I started for him when we still lived in Minot (over 10 years ago.) But some day I am going to finish that thing and then he won’t laugh any more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a completely different note ~ at church last night (yes, we were able to make it) a verse was read that really touched my heart and I wanted to share it here:

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Think about that last line....I die daily.

I had to ask myself, “Do you die to self each day in order to live as Christ would have you to live?” Sadly, many times I would have to say, NO. I get busy doing “stuff.” It isn’t that it is necessarily bad “stuff,” just “stuff” that distracts me from doing what God would have for me to do.

A perfect example for me...God lays it on my heart to call and check on someone. Now, anyone who knows me knows I am NOT a phone person. I strongly dislike talking on the phone. So, I think of a handful of excuses to not make that phone call. If I were to submit to God, die to my flesh, I wouldn’t make those excuses ~ I would make the phone call.

Friends...take time today to put your fleshly wants aside and find out how God would want you to go through your day...and then do it. You will be blessed for your obedience and you will be able to say, “My cup runneth over.”

No comments: