Friday, December 07, 2007

It Won't Last Forever

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

How many times has you gone through something in your life and you felt like it would never end? I know it ha happened to me several times. but I am thankful for God's Word (and wisdom that comes with age.)

God's Word tells me that my affliction is but for a moment. How comforting is that to know?!?!? Time doesn't stand still for anything. No matter what that clock will still keep going and with each minute, each hour, each day we are moving through that affliction - whatever it may be.

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

See, God may has us walking THROUGH a valley - but He never leaves us IN the valley. Just like the song says...."this world is not my home, I'm just PASSING THROUGH."

As I was helping Andrea when see was in labor on Wednesday, with each contraction I reminded her she was one step closer to be through. She had a goal during that time ~ a precious baby boy. We have a goal too ~~~ an eternity of peace and joy in Heaven with our Saviour.

If you're going through a trying time right know remember : THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

The affliction, the pain, the valley you may be walking through is BUT FOR A MOMENT and God is with you each step of the way.

Isaiah 51:11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

No comments: