Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Bible in Every Day Life

Our children has grown up hearing the Bible and attending church since they were born. But every now and then they say something that catches me completely off guard and reminds me that the Bible and the things of Bible are definitely a part of their every day life and their thought process.

Last night, after dinner, we all settled in to watch the Monday Night Football game. We are all big sports fans, so this was a fun family activity. As the game started Jeff was asking who everyone who cheering for. I didn't need to say because my whole family knows I have been a Chicago Bears Fan for well over twenty years.

What made me laugh was Elisabeth's reply...."I'm going for the Vikings." she said. When her dad asked why she didn't even hesitate in her answer..."Because the BEARS ATE THE CHILDREN!!!!"

2 Kings 2:23-24 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Just another example of the Bible in Every Day life.

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine....


1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

This is so funny! My dad uses this verse when someone asks him to sign their Bible. He is bald, and if they take the time to look it up, they always remember who he is.