Tuesday, December 04, 2007

IMPATIENTLY WAITING...


Usually I am a patient person....but not today (or yesterday for that matter.) I am waiting for a phone call ~ a call that will say "Mom, it's time to come to the hospital and meet your new grandson.


Now, technically, he's not my biological Grandson ~ but he is MINE in my heart! So ~ with all that said ~ my Bible study today was on "newness of life."

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Every day is a new day, with a new opportunity to serve the Lord and bring Him glory. Old things are past away....

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How many times do we carry the old things with us - not allowing ourselves the fresh start God gives us with each new day? I know I've done it!!

Today - start fresh. Let today be a brand new day, with the cares of the past left in the past. Start the day by thanking the Lord for another day to serve Him ~~ then find ways to make this the best day you've had in a very lng time!!!

Me......I'll still being waiting for that phone to ring (but I'll be waiting with a smile on my face!!)

No comments: