Saturday, November 19, 2005

Fill me up.......



This morning as I was spending some quiet time with the Lord, the song "Fill My Cup, Lord" came to mind. Oh, how I love that song!! Then I started thinking about how satisfying my life is when I allow myself to fill up on the things of God.

Psalms 81:10 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

All I have to do to be filled of the things of God is to open my mouth and let Him do what He has always wanted to do - fill my heart with the things of Him!!

I always picture a baby bird being fed by its mama. They open their mouth SO WIDE and allow the mama to feed them. And the neat thing about that is, they eat WHATEVER they are given - they do not pick and choose like people do. That's how I want to be. I want to take EVERYTHING the Lord has to offer me.

I know there are times when what the Lord is offering may seem bitter (trials, heartaches, illnesses, etc.) but those times are just as necessary as the sweet things that the Lord gives me each and every day. Both provide the spiritual nutrition I need to live a well-balanced Christian life.

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

I love that verse in Job!!! He said he esteemed the words of God as having more importance to him that his daily food!! That is how I want my life to be. I want God's Word and the things of God to mean more to me than anything else I need to live.

Today I am feasting on the Lord. I am gaining more and more strength with each verse that I study and loving every morsel that I digest!! I can truly say that the Lord has filled my cup to overflowing!!!! Anyone want to join me?!?!?

No comments: