Sunday, March 16, 2008

WHY ME????


Whenever something tragic happens in our life why is it that so many people say, "why me?"

Why not the criminals? Why not the “bad” people? Why not so-n-so? What have I done? Have I committed some great sin?
I guess I’ve never been a "why me" type of person, so I don’t understand. I can’t explain it, but I just don’t feel that way. I have always thought "why not me?" I am no better or worse than anyone else.
There is a book out about why bad things happen to good people. The thing is...none of us a “good.” We are all sinners. And unless you are saved by the blood of Christ, there is nothingyou do that is good.
God does not desire that anyone be hurt or killed, but when sin entered into the world mankind fell under the same curse as the earth did.
Mankind hurting mankind along with disease, trials, and tribulations are all a part of the curse.
What about Job? Did Job deserve all that happened to him? Was God thoughtless in allowing Job to go through so much pain? Is God unfair? Absolutely not! God allowed all Job’s problems to teach Job a lesson, his wife a lesson, his miserable comforters a lesson, and He used it to teach the devil a lesson.
No matter what, God will get the glory. The devil cannot win. He may be allowed to test us, but God will never leave us nor forsake us.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
If there is to be a test or a temptation allowed in our lives it must be for our good, the good of our loved ones, the good of our friends, but most of all to teach the devil that even if he kills us he can’t win. God will not be mocked, especially by the devil. God will get the glory.
Why does, what may seem to us, bad things happen to some people and not to others? I don’t have the answer to that. All I can do is trust that God loves me so much that He will not allow anything to happen to me that will not prove to be for good somewhere. God wants to use everything that happens to us be it good or bad as an opportunity to witness of Him.
First, we are to witness of His goodness to us in everything. As Job said:
Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

We have no idea why things happen to us. For us to try to figure it out or to get angry with God for allowing it shows we have not truly put our trust in Him. For all we know the Lord may be trying to save us from something far worse.
Isaiah 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

How could we be angry when God could be trying to protect us? No matter what the outcome in any so called tragic circumstance we must believe the Lord has our best interest in mind.
Does all this mean we won’t be concerned about what is going on in our lives? Certainly not.
The Lord tells us to fear not because fear gives the devil an inlet into our lives. The Lord knows we will have concerns and be a little apprehensive because cannot see into the future.
However, having the right attitude toward things in our lives shows we are trusting in the Lord to bring about the best for all concerned.The next time something comes our way and we are tempted to say "why me?’ let’s have a “why not me?" attitude.
No matter what, let’s trust the Lord to do what is best for all concerned. Don’t let anger or bitterness rob us of God’s blessings. Instead let’s use all we have to point others to Christ. Whether He chooses to heal us or use our circumstance in some other way we need to draw closer to the Lord.

In this way, prayerfully, others will trust the Lord to work in their lives.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Great post Tami!!! Sure enjoyed it this morning!

Sarah D. said...

Whoa!! Are you reading my mind? Thanks for this post. I needed it desperately.