Monday, March 17, 2008

DON'T FORGET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS

I’m just amazing at how fast time goes by. It’s hard to believe we are already halfway through March 2008. It seems like we just had our Watch Night Service at church, yet here I am preparing for Easter already.

Sometimes I feel like there isn’t enough time to do all that I think should be done. Then there are times when I feel like I am short-changing certain things – but one thing I never want to cut time on is my time with the Lord.....although I must admit that I find myself doing just that on occasion. It reminds me of Paul when he said,

Romans 7:14-17 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Today I am reminding myself ~~~ It is a new day, use it wisely, unto the Lord.

And here is my challenge to you.....take 5 minutes today to totally enjoy something God created – the sun rise, the sunset, squirrels playing in the trees, flowers, etc. Just take 5 minutes and marvel at the beauty of something.

It will bring a since of joy and peace into your heart that you can carry with you the rest of the day!!

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

Love this post and it was just on time since Spring is right around the corner. Everything is blooming around here and it's lovely, I can't help but marvel.