Monday, February 18, 2008

A New Week

I am amazed at how many hours of my day I put into my classes!! It is going to be a great thing in December, after I’ve graduated, to have anywhere from 4-5 extra hours available each day. Some of the assignments I have bee working on are quite time consuming. I worked on one assignment that only had one question ~~~ but it took me three days to complete. WOW!!!!

It’s also tax season, so that takes a chunk of time out of my week too. It is slowing down now though – so that is a blessing. I think I only have about 5 more sets of taxes to do and this year will be a wrap. (Unless some unexpected one pop up along the way.)

I thought this would be the perfect time for short devotions on “burdens” we bear. Although, don’t get me wrong – my classes and work are in no way a burden. I look at them as a blessing from the Lord. My classes gave me the ability to offer my knowledge in taxes to help preachers and missionaries by doing their taxes for them each year, free of charge. For me, it was a way to give to those who have devoted their lives to serving the Lord, just as my husband and I have done.

Numbers 11:14 I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me.

I can’t imagine the pressures and problems that Moses must have faced while he was leading Israel through the wilderness. Look how many times those people grumbled and whined even through God was leading them every step of the way.

By Numbers 11 Moses must have been extremely tired and frustrated. He probably felt like he couldn't stand it any longer: Moses was asking God, Why have You laid the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? I am not able to bear all these people . . . the burden is too heavy for me.'"

For us, the problem (or burdens) we bear may not be people ~ maybe they are problems, pain, pressures, or life trial and tribulations.
Maybe there are times when you feel like Jacob when he said,
“all these things are against me.” (Genesis 42:36).

But the Bible says:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Like the camel with a heavy burden, we sometimes need to kneel in the desert place and let the Lord take care of things, down to the last straw.

Every time a Christian goes through a valley of trouble, there is always a doorway of hope.

No comments: