Monday, November 27, 2006

Where Is Your Trust?


Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

There are 14 places in the Word of God that tell us to “trust in him” and as I was studying today I was looking at those verses. Psalm 62 really touched my heart ~~ we are told to trust in him AT ALL TIMES.

I really took time to think about that. Why is it so hard to trust in God AT ALL TIMES??? It seems easy to say or to tell others, but then trials come along in our lives and we tend to replace our trust with worry and fret.

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

The reason is because we take our eyes off the Lord and put them on whatever is going on around us. When we take our eyes off the Lord we cannot rest in Him or trust in Him.

I admit I am guilty of doing this far more than I like to admit, but then the Lord points me back to His Word. He reminds me that He is there all the time, and as Psalm 62:8 says, He is waiting for me to pour my heart out before Him and find my refuge in Him.

No comments: