Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Day 3 - London sightseeing

There is no way to describe London!!! And no way to see even a touch of all the beauty in a day.....but we sure did try. Today was a day of sightseeing. Here are just a few of the things we saw:
The gates of Buckingham Palace

The back of one of the castles (I'm tired and don't remember which one)


London Bridge


Beautiful statues like this are EVERYWHERE!!!


Another gorgeous fountain

Part of the changing of the guards

This was our tour bus. We sat up on top in the open area part....even when it was sprinkling!! It was a wonderful experience that even the rain couldn't mess up. We had a terrific tour guide that shared SO much information.

This is Wanda - the very sweet lady that I am traveling with. She is in front of the gates at Buckingham Palace.


One of the many pictures I have of Big Ben. What a remarkable sight!!!

I wish we would have had more time. There are so many museums and churches that I would have loved to have toured. I took over 200 pictures and video taped and I still missed so much.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are great pictures..Have a great time

Tori Leslie said...

Wonderful pictures, I would love to see the UK, maybe one day we will have a lay-over there.
:0)

Nikki said...

Beautiful!!!!!! I can't wait to see more!