Saturday, June 07, 2008

TRUE PEACE

Anyone who knows me knows I am the biggest cat lover there is. They bring me comfort, joy, happiness, entertainment....you name it – and when I am upset or feeling under a lot of pressure I know I can sit down, hold my cat, and immediately feel more peace. Think about it, look at a cat when they are sleeping. Doesn’t everything about them look peaceful?

But I have seen something more peaceful than a sleeping cat. It is the look on a person's face who has just received Christ as their personal Saviour. The look may be tearful, but it is still a look of peace and serenity.

Unfortunately, some of you may have never had the privilege of seeing someone come to Christ for forgiveness and salvation. For you, I feel truly sorry. Seeing someone come to faith in Christ is a unique and wonderful experience that I wish you could all enjoy.

For those of you who have been blessed to see someone get saved - you know what I mean. You know the joy of seeing a family member or close friend accept Christ. You know the true joy of introducing someone to Christ and then seeing that person experiencing salvation and release, in some cases, from debilitating sin. There is no joy quite like it.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Even if you've been a Christian for 68 years, like me, reading that verse is like getting a shot of Adrenalin. That is rue and complete PEACE.

Take time this week to witness to someone. Help someone find that peace that passeth all understanding.

No comments: