Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear God,

Today, but I complain to you about my life ~
Help me think of someone who went too early to Heaven.

Before I complain about my children ~
Help me to think of someone who desires a child but they’re barren.

Before I fret about the dirty house someone didn’t help clean or sweep ~
Help me to think of the people who are living on the streets.

Before I whine about the distance I drive to work each day ~
Help me to think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

When I am tired and complain about my work ~
Help me to think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had a job.

Before I point the finger or condemn another ~
Help me remember that not one of us is without sin or blemish and we all answer to one MAKER.

And Father, when depressing thoughts try to get me down ~
Radiant your love on my face so that I may take a moment to thank you for all that you have blessed in my life.

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

What a great prayer, it would do us all good to keep that in our hearts.

Thanks for the encouragement!