Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DON'T GET STUCK


Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

As I was reading a book last night, Hebrews 6:1 was mentioned in it. God really spoke to my heart about the phrase “let us go on” used in this verse.

As Christians, God does not want us to stay in one spot regarding our relationship with Him. He expects us to get a firm foundation ~ built on the doctrine of Christ. But that isn’t our final goal. That is just our beginning.

Have you ever seen a house built? The first thing they build in the foundation. Could you imagine a homeowner telling the contractor, “That’s good enough. We’ll just live on the foundation, we don’t need the rest of the house.” Over course not, that would be crazy.

The same should be for us though. Once we have the firm foundation....LET US GO ON UNTO PERFECTION. Don’t ever stop improving upon and building upon your faith. Our life is a journey and a journey involves motion...that “going on” to the next thing that God have for us to draw us closer to Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 101:7

No one who practices deceit
will dwell in my house;
no one who speaks falsely
will stand in my presence.

Sis. Julie said...

Too many Christians are content where they are in their walk with the Lord. I on the other hand don't ever want to stay where I am. I desire to grow closer and closer to Him in my walk with Him. I know there are days that I'm not any closer than I was the day before...and when I look back at the end of the day I feel so ashamed. May God help us all to continue to grow closer and closer to Him.

TO BECOME said...

I am so amazed at the placed God can and will move us on to. God opens the doors and we must walk through if we are to grow. Thanks, connie from Texas

Janice said...

I'm a doggie person, have a seven yr. old, sweet, spoiled Shi-Tzu. My friend back home has a cat, I sent her the link for the picture. How funny.