Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I had to share this......

I received this in my email today. It spoketo my heart somuch that I just had to share it!!

GRATITUDE-DRIVEN LOVE

"Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much:but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven." Luke 7:47-48

Ever feel washed up, like you've made too many mistakes? Perhaps you are in mourning over wasted years? You believe that God only uses perfect people and your past disqualifies you from any future blessing.

We often misjudge God. We project our own humanness onto His face. After all, we only give people so many chances. We have our limits. "If he does that one more time, I'm through!" we declare.

We perceive the heart of God is like ours. If I fail too many times, God is through with me! If I get my act together too late in life, then it's just too late for me. If I commit too grave a sin, God disqualifies me.

Scripture showcases the relentless mercy of God. The Messiah, our Lord Jesus Christ, was born from the line of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The four eldest sons of Jacob fell under great sin. Reuben and Judah committed incest. Simeon and Levi were murderers, yet they were patriarchs. And from Levi descended all the priests.

The bottom line issue with God is repentance. Because He has a heart that longs for intimacy, when we sincerely repent, there is restoration. God can use you in His kingdom, with all the scars, war stories, and places of shame. In fact, the more deeply you have been wounded, the more mercy you will show others. You can make a great imprint of grace in the kingdom.

Bow your head and dare to receive the lavish mercy of our Father, the One who asks you put your past behind you. I have repented of my sin. Give me the courage to look in Your eyes and see the forgiveness that is mine. You hold nothing against me. Amen

Christine Wyrtzen
Founder & Director
Daughters of Promise

No comments: