Saturday, November 12, 2005

Time to do some reflecting....

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I love these verses!!! I spent a lot of time thinking on just these two verses yesterday. God gave me life and in return He asks that I turn around and present myself to Him as a living sacrifice. And not just some half-hearted sacrifice - He wants me to be Holy and acceptable unto Him. WOW ~ want a thought. God doesn't just want me, He wants me at my best.....whatever that may be.

Then I looked at that verse some more. God is not asking too much of me - He is just asking my reasonable service!! Nothing outrageous, nothing too hard, nothing impossible - just what is reasonable. God is SO GOOD!!!! And if that isn't good enough, He continues on and tells me what I need to do to acheive that reasonable service.

First - be not conformed to this world. This world changes constantly - the fads, fashions, trends, etc. But God doesn't want me to do this. He doesn't want me to be so focused on what the world is doing and trying to conform to their ever changing ways that I cannot be the child He wants me to be.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

This is a perfect example of what happens when we are always trying to be conformed to this world...we end up being tossed to and fro and carried about with everything we hear, or whatever tickles our fancy at that time. That is not the kind of Christian I want to be.

Second, God wants me to be transformed by the renewing of my mind ~~ and that is what I want too. I want to be transformed into the child of God that He wants me to be. That can only be done by spending time in His word.

Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

My goal then......to be rooted and grounded in God's Word and all that he has for me. I know by doing this I will have a body that is acceptable and able to be offer to God as a living sacrifice......afer all, that is my REASONABLE SERVICE.

No comments: